Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

JUNE 13 2016 FINDING FINDING FINDING

JUNE 16 2016

God does more work then we will ever do.  Well this week was a super one.  Here is a little wrap up of the life of a missionary in Puno Peru.  We are finding, finding, finding!  I have seen this soooo many times in my mission, but I am still amazed everytime.  I dont know how God does it, but He just does.  If we do our part, if we work, and sincerely do everything we can, He will provide.  Sometimes not in the way we had planned, or expected, but He just does it.  And I simply love that so much. We found some amazingly prepared people this week.  At the end of one of the days, I sat there and reflected about the day.  We were able to find so many people and have so much success. I started to wonder why. What we do as missionaries is such a small part. Every day I realize more and more how little I am actually doing, and how much our Father in Heaven does.  I love Him so much. And I am so grateful that as inadequate as I am, He is still able to do miracles and use me to help His children.  
This week we taught Betty, a new less active we had found.  When she answered the door, she was really suprised.  She hadnt thought we were serious when we said that we would be returning to visit her. (Really though, believe the missionaries.  We really mean it when it when we say we will be passing by to get you ready to go to church at 7 in the morning.  haha yeah another funny story for another day.)  Anywhosies, she let us in and then started to explain to us that she really wasnt ready to come back to church.  A lot of things had happened in her life, and she needs time to put everything back together.  She then told us that we should just leave because it would be a waste of our time.  Oh how my heart just shattered.  In that moment the spirit truly testified to me what our purpose was as missionaries.  In that moment, more then ever, I could clearly understand that we as missionaries are not here for numbers.  We are here for people.  We are here to invite people to come unto Christ, and love those people as Christ would.  I explained to her that she wouldnt be a waste of time to our Savior, nor a waste of time to us.  Truly the worth of EVERY soul is great.  Every person, every smile, every kind word....its worth your time. Every second.  

Well in other less important news, we woke up to a very happy Peru.  Peru beat Brazil last night in soccer! I literally still know nothing about soccer but hey....VIVA PERU!  Also, I have learned that it is nearly impossible to visit people with all this soccer/world cup stuff going on.  "Hermanas, how are we going to have a family home evening! Peru is playing!"  hahaha Cracks me up.  Esta bien.  Also this week we went to a birthday party, and the hermana prepared Cusco food. And I cried a little bit. I love Puno. But I love my Cusco.  Last random fact.  I now use 100 spf suncreen here. I honestly didnt know that exsisted .But, for all of you, yes it does exsist.  

Mormon 9:15  "ANd now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet, Behold I say unto you Nay, and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles."

I know I talk an awful lot about miracles, so sorry, but I cant tell you all enough how true it is.  As missionaries, we dont hear alot about what happens at home. But sometimes members or other people tell us a little bit about whats going on.  I dont know alot.  I am only 20 years old. And I dont know alot of what is happening outside of my little Puno. But I believe in a God of miracles. And you should too. 
I love you all very much, thank you for everything! Have a great week!
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS