Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Oct 19 2015 CONFÉRENCE WITH THE PRESIDENT.


OCT 19 2015
Hey Yall!
First off, here is a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT to the 109 birthdays that happened in the fam this week.  Happy birthday to, Jace, Paige, Shalene, Callen, Livia, and my darling Jeffrey. If you could just all stop growing while im gone that would be super duper. But if not, I hope you all had a wonderful celebration!

This week we had divisions with the Hermana Leaders.  Hermana Frame and I went to a funeral for a women that passed away in her rama.  So in Peru, I came to find out, after the service, they always carry the casket through the streets, kinda like a parade, to the other church.  I guess it is similiar to what we do when we follow all the cars to the cemetary.  But yeah, anywho, after the service,Hermana Frame and I just followed everyone out.  Next thing we know we are walking down the streets of Abancay with the funeral parade, smack dab in the middle of the band.  We didnt really know what to do, so we just went with it!  It was one of those awkward moments where everyone else is crying and sad, and youre just trying your very hardest not to laugh. One of those days where I had to smile and think, "Yeah just another day as a missionary in Peru."  It was pretty awesome.  

This week was conferences with President! YAHOO!  Seriously they are always the best.  Friday we had conference with the missionaries, then Saturday and Sunday with all the Districts in Abancay. It was amazing as usual.  He talked about the "circles" that will happen because of our choice to serve.  The effects of a mission never really stop.  I am starting to see that now, in my own life, in the life of my family, and in the lives of those here.  I cant tell you enough what a privilege it is to serve my Savior every single day.  Love is what motivates us.  Make sure that we love our Savior first.  

Sorry nothing really too exciting to share with you all! So here are some fun facts.
1.  Every night here is the 4th of July. I have no idea why, but there are always huge awesome fireworks going off every night.  How festive.

2. Every Peruano thinks they are a doctor. Im telling you,  paper cut, head ache, or cancer, they probably have a cure. And odds are its probably some type of tea. 

3.  Everyone here thinks I am from Spain. SWEET! Yeah that is untill I start talking. That usually gives it away.  One day Ill have them convinced.

4.  Everyone here is wicked good at volley ball. Like who knew?

5.  Odds are if a kind women offers you a drink, and it tastes really bitter, theres a good chance you just drank alcohol.  Yup. Oops.  Its just so hard to turn down these cute little abuelitas.  

Scripture to PONDERIZE-   Alma 5:26  "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask you, can ye feel so now?"

I hope you all know how much I love and appreciate you all! Keep doing what you are all doing! Seguir Adelante!
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS