Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Oct 26 2016 A DOWN POUR OF RAIN AND A VERY SPECIAL LESSON!!

A big HOLA to all Family and Friends!
I hope this email finds you all happy and enjoying your Monday!  

This Wednesday, we went on a little (ha yeah right) hike to take some supplies to a less active family.  They live pretty far up the mountain, and the mom injured her hip a while ago, and can no (like a blanket) and delivered some rice, beans, and a few other things.  I am not going to lie, it was a pretty Peruano moment.  However, a big shout out to all the abuelitas that carry everything in their mantas everyday. Mad respect. 

This week we had a really special lesson with Nataly.  We were on our way up to our house, when a huge thunderstorm rolled in out of no where.  By the time we got to her house, we were literally drenched.    Idaho rain storms didnt quite prepare me for a Peru rain storm.  Anywho, we got there and all the power was out.  So we lit a little candle and all sat around it on the floor.  She then asked us, "So really, what is a testimony?"  I dont know why but this question really took me by surprise. Really what is a testimony?  We explained that it is the things we know to be true, and its very special because its something no one can take away from you.  She started to cry and said," I really want something like that.  But this is what I think it is..."  and then continued to bear the most beautiful simple testimony I have every heard.  
In 2 Nephi 31:33 it says,
"...yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost, and then can ye speak with the tongues of angels."
If any of you have ever heard a recent convert bear their testimony, you know that its true, they really do speak with the tongues of angels.  This Friday, Nataly will be baptized! I cant tell you enough how special this little daughter of God is.  

Yesterday we had a farewell for Lizbena, a joven in our rama.  She is leaving for her mission in Cancun Mexico!  It was weird to think that that was me about 4 months ago.  I still feel like I just hopped off the plane.  But its amazing to look back and see all the people I have met, and the things I have learned in such a short amount of time.  

So a few things have been on my mind this week.  Why do bad things happen to good people?  Lately, I have seen this in the lives of my family, friends, and those I am serving in Peru.  Really this is something I see everyday.  Everyday, we go out and meet people who have trials more painful and difficult then I can imagine.  Ive watched lives being destroyed to addictions.  Ive seen families broken and torn apart because of divorce, depression, and abuse.  Ive witnessed the shattering affects of losing a loved one.  And for me, its hard not to feel absolutely helpless.  As missionaries, we can only do so much, and this is something I am learning to deal with.  We can share this message with them.  We can listen to them.  But ultimately, its the Savior who can take away their pain, and heal what is broken.  Sometimes its hard, but really in these times, all we can do is give it to our Savior.  I am really started to learn what that really means.  Because I have seen it happen. I have seen just exactly what the Atonement can  do.  I have seen in  work in the lives of those we are teaching here, and in my own life.  
Alma 7:12
"...and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels, may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."

I still dont know why bad things happen to good people. But I do know that we have a Savior, who knows every pain, perfectly.  And because of that, we can give it to him.  He will heal us, forgive us, and even at times carry us when we need it.  

I love you all so much! Again, thank you all for you endless love and support.  Go out and share the message! Have a great week!
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen
My favorite little familia

Meet Lizbena


These kids seriously have my heart.

                                                            Lizbena will serve in Cancun Mexico


The first tarantula! I guess these are around a lot this time of year.

Herman Hansen plus machete plus Peru equals one happy girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS