Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015

SEPTEMBER 7 2015 I HAVE BEEN KISSED ON MY MISSION! YIKES!

Hello Family and Friends!!
Ok first off before you all freak out about my title, its not anything like that haha.  So for those of you who dont know, in Peru, you greet every one with a beso, a kiss on the cheek.  As missionaries we greet all the women this way, but the men know to just shake our hands.  Annyywhooo, we ran into one of our investigators in the street and he was just so excited to see us because he had been away from work for a long time.  I put out my hand to greet him and he just pulls me right in and gives me a big kiss on the cheek.  I didnt even know what to do! I just stiffened like a board and gave an awkward laugh haha. My companion was dying.  Yup great awkward mission moments. What can ya do. 

Anywho another great week in Abancay!  We had a great lesson with our little sweet Rosa.  She just wants to be baptized so badly, it kills me.  For sure at the end of this month she will be ready. She always shares her popcorn with us at every visit.  Kindness is the same in every language. Remember that!

This Saturday was just a rough day.  All of our citas were falling through, and it was just one of those days where we literally were walking all day.  It was kinda towards the end of the day, and we needed to start heading back into town before it got too dark.  We were discouraged, and ready to head in.  After walking a little ways, we had the impression that we really needed to visit one of the families in our rama, Familia Watchaka.  They live on the opposite side of where we were, but we really felt like we needed to go.  When we got there, we found their 15 year old daughter, and decided to have a chat with her.  She just seemed like something was really bothering her.  She finally opened up to us about all the things that were going on in her life.  It was terrible to hear all the things that she was going through at such a young age.  In that moment, I wanted nothing more then for her to know and feel just how much her Father in Heaven loves her.  I was reminded of all those young women lessons, lessons from my mother and sisters, about our individual worth as daughters of God.  Hermana Cooper and I were able to bear our testimonys of our the enternal love of our Heavenly Father, and the beautiful healing power of the Atonement.  I am truly so grateful that I have this knowledge in my life, and that I have the priviledge of sharing this beautiful message with those who dont.  Never take what we know for granted.  

I love you all so much! Thank you again for your prayers and thoughts! And remember dont kiss the missionaries! Have a great week!
Con Amor,
Hermana Hansen




these are picaronies......to die for. we made friends with the picaroni
lady....lets just say i pick my friends well here. she makes us food and
we
teach her the good word.  its a good trade. ill try to get a picture with
her sometime.


EVA

                              


                        This is one of the darling little daughters of Eva that we are teaching.
                                                         She kills me.  SOOO CUTE

                                         This is our adorable pension family.  I just love them so much.
                                             (We live upstairs in their home and she cooks for us)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS