Pages

Monday, December 5, 2016

DECEMBER 4 2016 WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE....


DECEMBER 4 2016  


Alma 26:16
"...Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."

I wish I could. I wish I could explain to you all just how incredible these last 18 months of my life have been.  I am not sure if I will ever be able to put into words everything I have experienced, seen, heard, and learned.  This week I have been pondering my favorite chapter of the Book of Mormon, Alma 26.  In this chapter, Ammon starts to reflect upon his mission.  He tells us about the many trials and tribulations he had to go through. But inspite of all that as he remembers his mission, all he feels is gratitude and joy. 

I feel the same way.  Sitting here, reflecting back on these last 18 months, I know it was hard at times, but to be completely honest, not one comes to mind.  Rather my heart fills with an inmense gratitude for the many miracles I saw and experienced.
I remember sitting around a small candle in Natalys house, while the rain came pouding down.  That night, Nataly found out for herself she had a testimony of the restored church.  I remember when Marina came to church for the first time in 20 years.  We sat in the sacrament meeting room, holding hands, and cried as she partook of the sacrament for the first time in a long time.  I remember the little angel who came and showed us how to get to Margelys house. Margely taught me what it truly means to "smile through the pain." I remember spending all day boiling water to fill up the baptismal font, so that our sweet abuelita Rosa could make covenants with her Father in Heaven.  I remember the selflesness of Hermano Avelino, who never let us leave their house without something to eat, even if that meant they wouldnt have much to eat that night.  I remember sitting on the dirt floor of small mud houses, reading and teaching about the beloved Book of Mormon stories that we all know and love.  I remember praying to my Father in Heaven, and for the first time in my life, knowing someone was really there, listening to me. 

Its hard to believe that my time as a missionary in the Mision Peru Cusco is coming to an end.  But I am eternally grateful for the time my Father in Heaven has given me to serve my beloved brothers and sisters in Abancay, Cusco, and Puno, Peru. They will always have a very special place in my heart. I wasnt a perfect missionary, nor did I serve a perfect mission, but these last 18 months have been perfect for me.  

I hope you all know how grateful I am for all the letters, words of encouragment, prayers, and love you all so willingly gave me during this time.  I also hope you know, that I know that our Savior lives.  This is His Church, and this is His work.  I know that Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the gospel once again on the earth.  I know that His priestood power has been restored, and because of that,  we can live with our families forever.  I know the Book of Mormon is true. I have come to know, and love my Savior through this book.  I know that the work of salvation is the most important work upon the face of the earth. I know that the atonement is real, and something so very personal.  I know there was a very specific moment when the Savior suffered for me, my sins, my pains, and my weaknesses.  I know that the plan of our Father in Heaven is perfect, and that He is apart of every detail in our lives.  And that our Father takes time every day to show and remind us that He loves us.  

I love this work.  I love my mission.  And I love my Savior.

Alma 26:37 
"Now my brethren,  we see that God is mindful of every peoplewhatsoever land they may be in; (from the Snake River Plains of Idaho, to the great Sierra Mountains of Cusco, Peru) yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is
my JOYand my great thanksgiving;yea, and will give thanks unto my God forever."


But here is to one more week. One more week to wear  a badge pinned above my heart, with the Saviors name.  
I love you all very much :)  See you soon!
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen















No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS