Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

NOVEMBER 23 2015 HOLA FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!

NOVEMBER 23 2015


Wow....Did November even happen? Seriously this has been the fastest month of my life! PLEASE SLOW DOWN!
Anywho another week in the beautiful city of Cusco.  Hermana Celan and I and working hard.  I know we arent opening up the sector here, but sometimes it really feels that way.  We are both somewhat new, and new to the area.  So this week we have been finding, finding, finding, and contacting, contacting, and contacting. There are so many prime people here.  We started teaching 17 year old Judith. Ah man shes another little doll that the Lord has prepared.  She already LOVES going to church  and wants to be baptized! Shes living with her aunts here in Cusco while she goes to school, and really they are not very supportive about her decision at all.  But she knows what she wants and what she should do.  So impressed with her valor and drive.  Like I say, I learn more from them then they ever do from me.  
I dont know why, but its been CRAZY hot here in Cusco. We are going through some sort of drought here.  We never really know how to leave the house, because if the sun is out, we are dying. But then in .5 seconds we can have a complete down pour.  Cusco, Cusco, Cusco...

Anywho, this week as been one of learning.  Lately I have been feeling somewhat unqualified...to say the least.  I have spent a lot of time on my knees praying for strength.  And I can honestly say its the best thing thats happened to me.  We had a devotional in the CCM, and one of the speakers said, "Deperation will be the best thing that happens to you."  I can truly testify to that now.  There are days where the only thing I can do is pray to my Father in Heaven.  Its hard, but its brought me closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior then ever before.  My companion shared a quote with me this week, "We must learn to sufrir con gozo."  Really our trials can be our greatest blessings.  Seriously I am so blessed to have to opportunity to be pushed, challenged, and shaped into the person God knows I can be. 
Scripture of the week!
Alma 34:38
"...And that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you."
Seriously if you cant think of a "tender mercy" that happened today...think again. Because I promise there is one. 
Anywho..Happy birthday shout out to Jamie Lynn, and a little special shout out to Dad this week! The day we thought would never come... came. :) And right before Thanksgiving. #blessed.
I hope you all have a fantasmal week full of football, family, and food!! Happy Thanksgiving! Eat a pumpkin pie or 3 for me! Gracias por todo!
Con Amor,
Hermana Hansen



                                Missionary tan lines....what can I say.  The sun is BIEN FUERTE here.


Us with Hermana and Elder Rhodes! We ate chicken fried steak at Chilies!!!!  I literally almost cried!  I told them , you guys really don't know how much this means to me.  And they just smiled and said, no ha ha, we know.  Fun to share this missionary experience with them.



FOUND HERMANA FRAME!!!! There were lots of tears and jumping up and down.  Love this Hermana sooooo much!

Thunder Strom rolling in..

 Ok.. this is called the peruano perry.  Its a dog thats only native to Peru.  Literally the ugliest dog I have ever seen. Look up more pictures so you can understand.  Every time I see one I just die laughing.  But make sure not to make fun of it in front of a Peruanos because they are really proud of them ha ha .  Just had to share :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS