Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

NOVEMBER 30 2015 SPENT MY 20TH BIRTHDAY HIKING INCAN RUINS IN CUSCO..UNBELIEVABLE!!

NOVEMBER 30 2015

HOLA EVERYONE!!
Phew what a week! Full of all sorts of fun peruvian things.  

Thanksgiving was a little different this year haha.  I had myself a plate full of rice and an ice cold drink of Inca Kola.  Its been way hot here in Cusco this week. Sometimes I forget what time of year it is at home.  Sorry for all of you who were snowed in this Thanksgiving! I was nice and toasty roasty up here in the Andes :)
The morning of Thanksgiving, I decided to start out my personal study by just writing a few of the things I was grateful for.  But as a started my list, I found that I really couldnt stop.  My list was at 100 before I knew it.  These past few months have been months of trials and learning.  But as I took the time to reflect, I realized really just how unbelievable blessed I am.  Here are just a few of the MANY wonderful things I am grateful for this year. 
1. Mangos.  Everyday I get to eat a delicious mango.  So blessed. 
2. Carpet.  Never ever will I ever take for granted carpet.  Seriously people.
3. The gift of tongues.  
4. Every crazy Peruvian abuelita I meet. 
5. The little tender mercies I see every single day. 
6. Hot showers.
7. My wonderful amazing supportive family.  You all seriously mean the world to me. 
8. Every frusterating, and disapointing moment in the mission.  Every single one is an opportunity to stretch and grow.
9.  My Savior Jesus Christ.  I dont think I will ever be able to express my love and gratitude for my Savior.  I feel of His love every single day.  And countless times I have felt him carry me through times of hardship. He is my friend, advocate, and Savior, and I love Him with all my heart. 
10.  The opportunity to serve Him, and his children every single day.

Judith committed to baptism this week! Ahh such a powerful little lesson we had.  Im so excited to see her progress! This week was a little slow all in all, but we are finding some really prepared people.  Poco a poco...
Also... SURPRISE! Im turning 19 again!!  Yeah I wish...No but seriously what a fun birthday!  This morning Hermana Celan and I hiked up to Saqusewaman and hiked around in some Incan ruins...who gets to do that for their birthday? I really cant get over how beautiful Cusco is.  I LOVE THIS MISSION SO MUCH!!

Scripture of the week-
Mark 10:21-22
"Come, take up the cross, and follow me."
This is the story of the young rich man who desired to follow Christ.  However, when he found out exactly what he had to do and give up, he couldnt.  With Christmas just around the corner (oh gosh where did this year go...) I hope we all take a moment and reallly think what we are willing to give or give up to follow our Savior.  He gave us everything. And in return, He has asked us to follow Him.

Also! If you havent checked out the new Christmas video... DO IT!  I love this wonderful time of year! Thank you all for the many birthday wishes!  I love you all so much. Have a fantastic week!  
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen
I BLEW OUT CANDLES ON A LOAF OF BREAD

MY TWENTH BIRTHDAY!  FUN!!!


MY BIRTHDAY EXCURSION TO THE INCAN RUINS IN CUSCO









No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS