Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

NOVEMBER 14 2016 THE RAINS CAME DOWN.....THE THE FLOODS CAME UP!!!!

NOVEMBER 14 2016


Like I have said before...Abancay weather beats "Idaho bi polar weather" by a long shot.  One day its 90 degrees and the next Im walking in rain up to my knees.  Below I have attatched a picture so that you all know that when I say, "There was rain up to my knees,"  you know that I really mean......"Yes....I was really walking in rain up to my knees."  But anyways rain or shine, it was a wonderful week full of crazy adventures.  Nothing new :)

Last Monday, the Poulsons, (family history missionaries), came to Abancay.  Monday night, we had a huge Noche de Hogar in the church, and had a super great turn out.  At the end, I taught all the little kids, Duck Duck Goose, and oh man...it was a hit.  Never in my life have a seen a group of children get such a kick out of that game. But then out of no where all their parents wanted to play as well. So we played a giant round of Duck Duck Goose. And it was awesome.  Its just something really beautiful seeing the light in their faces.  I love the people here so much. Their innocence, their light, and their love.  Tuesday we had our big Family History activity, and we were able to help many find names and send them to the temple!  Also, while we were waiting for people to come, I was able to do some searching myself. This was actually the first time I was able to look for names. With the help of Hermana Poulson, I was able to find 17 names to take to the temple!  When I get home, I will have some temple work waiting for me. :)  What a wonderful feeling, being apart of the work of salvation, here in Peru, and on the other side.  Either way, the work is true!

This Sunday, we went to the Tamburco sacrament meeting.  Its one of the coolest things being able to visit my first sector, and my first branch.  There were many happy reunions. :)  I was able to sit and talk to Carlota for a little while.  She was a less active we were working with when I first came to Abancay.  We were also working with her daughter Roxanna. I remember when we first met them, they were cold and very set on not coming back. Now...a year later, I was able to sit and talk with Carlota in the sacrament meeting room. She is now very active, as well as her daughter, who now is serving a mission in Brasil.  
And nothing feels better then that. That knowing that we hiked up the mountains of Abancay every day, to teach Carlota and her family....and it made a difference.  Ive said it before, and I will say it again...God is a God of miracles.  

This week, I was able to study a little bit more about the Plan of Salvation, and the role of the atonement in every part.  I love the atonement. I love what it means to me, and in every aspect of my life.  
Alma 36:18-20
"Now as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart, O Jesus thou Son of God, have mercy on me who am in the gall of bitternerss and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.  And now behold, when I thought this I could remember my pain no more, yea I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.  And oh, what joy and what marvelous light I did behold, yea my soul was filled with joy..."

I believe in the healing power of the atonement.  And I know that the atonement covers everything.  Every single part of my life, and your life.  And everyone of us, as children of our Father in Heaven, has the ´priviledge to feel and take part of the healing, and strengthing power of Christs atonement. 

I love you all very much. :) Thank you for everything. 
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen

p.s. On a side note, today a monkey shared his sucker with me.  Tender Moments. 

 

                                                          RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN!!!!




 THIS SERIOUSLY  WAS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST MOMENTS EVER!!!!!  WE WALKED BY THIS MONKEY AND HE COMES UP AND WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME.    I PLAYED WITH HIM FOR A MINUTE AND HE SHARED HIS SUCKER WITH ME.  IN ONE OF THESE PICTURES WE ARE BOTH LAUGHING .  WE BECAME FRIENDS IN 2 MINUTES!

     



SAYING GOODBYE TO HERMANA RUIZ AND ELDER SALAZAR..
   
  














WE TAUGHT THEM TO PLAY DUCK DUCK GOOSE.  IT WAS A HIT!!!





                                     JUST HANGIN OUT WITH MY FAVORITE PEOPLE!!






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS