Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2015

OCTOBER 12 2015 HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!


OCTOBER 12  2015
Happy Monday to all my wonderful, beautiful, fantastic, amazing friends and family...

Wahoo what a good week in Abancay!  This week, our sweet Rosa was baptized!  *happy dance*  #shemadeit. Also fun fact, she completed 83 years old this week!  *another happy dance*  Her baptism was so great.  Not without its complications of course. I mean, whats a baptism with some excitement?  #welcome2peru
We went to the church to get things ready.  30 minutes before, we founde out we actually couldnt have hot water for her.  Which is a problem for our sweet abuelita.  So we spent the next.....long time....filling the font by boiling little pots of water. But you better believe our little Rosa had warm water for her baptism!  It was literally one of the most tenderest moments of my life.  Watching Rosa, all dressed in white, entering the waters of baptism.  AND! She was lucky enought to have to get baptized twice! (oh gosh pobresita....) Longest 2 minutes of my life.  But all in all it was such an amazing day.  I couldnt stop thinking about how, "The worth of EVERY soul is great in the sight of God."  After her baptism she bore her testimony.  She talked about how she knew with all her heart that her Heavenly Father was proud of her. GAH! My heart.  Its true, Gods love for this sweet daugher of His was literally tangible in the room. A very special experience.  
This week we had some really awesome, "make-you-wanna-be-a-missionary-for-the-rest-of-your-life" lessons this week.  We watched the "Restoration" with Nataly this week. After, we asked her how she felt.  She said that it was a feeling that she couldnt describe.  All she knew was that this was the truth.  She turned to me and asked, "Do you think that this is my answer?"   and with a big smile I said, "Yeah, I think it is."  It has been so amazing to watch the Holy Ghost work through this girl, until she finally has recieved her answer.  She asked us if she could be baptized the end of October....wait what? She asked us? Yeah. haha when does that happen!! Later that night she asked when she could serve a mission. Seriously how much cooler can you get. Thats right you cant.  Its been so fun to teach her.  There are truly people you find on the mission where you think, I really feel like I have known you before.  I feel that way every time I teach Nataly.

This week for P day we hiked up to Ampay!  As we were hiking up these little trails in the jungle, I had a "holy crap I am literally in the land of the lamanites moment."  It was a little too legit really.  Seriously so beautiful, and I am not going to lie, my pictures will never do my mission justice.  I cant get over how blessed I am to be serving in such a beautiful part of the world.   

Scripture to PONDERIZE:
3 Nephi 27:27  "...Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily, I say unto you, even as I am."

I hope you all have an amazing week! Remember the things that matter most, are the things that last the longest! Thank you all for you endless love and support!
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen


Warming up the water for our sweet rosa. 
Gotta do it!!
ROSA'S BAPTISM



HERMANN COOPER--ROSA-ME
My beautiful Abancay!

Amply



                                                HERMANA FRAME






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS