Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

March 14 2016 MOTHERHOOD ISN'T TOO BAD! :)

March 14 2016

Well I made it through my first week as a mother! She seems to still be alive, so yeah feeling acomplished this week :)

My companion is Hermana Bayona from Chosica Lima.  She says the change from Lima to Cusco is pretty drastic. Poor girl is freezing all the time. It doesn't help either that she hasn't an ounce of fat on her. This week we had one of our classic Cusco down pours.  She just about got washed away. We will just plaster on a few llama sweaters. :) But wow she's just a darling  sweet little Peruvian  She came in with a huge desire to get right to work, and work hard. Which is all I ask, so Im a happy Momma.  This week we had interviews with President in our houses.  Not going to lie, it was a little weird having President sit on my bed and give me an interview...but hey I love interviews with Presidente!  They really come in the time that I need them.  SOOOOOO grateful for President and Hermana Harbertson.  

One of our older investigators showed up at church this Sunday! AH I was SOOOO happy!  Little miracles.  We haven't been able to teach him for awhile because he works outside of Cusco.  I have been super sad about it because we had had some great lessons with him and was ready to progress!  But wow he just showed up this Sunday like nothing had happend. Hadn't skipped a beat.  I have heard many times that miracles happen while you are training. I can definatly see why they say that.  
Random Side Note:  I just want to apologize that I cant spell to save my life in these emails. I couldnt spell before my mission....and now...ugh its a true struggle. 
Also....  There are an outrageous amount of spiders in our house.  One of which was in my bed last night.  Those of you who knew me before the mission, know that I HATE killing spiders, and that I had the habit of just putting a cup on top of them and wait for someone else to kill them.  I hope you are all very proud of me in knowing that I have become an expert spider killer...well any large weird peruvian insect killer for that matter.  #blessingsofthemission.

"Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those obsessed with themselves, the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." 
Gordon B. Hinckley

I cannot tell you all how true that really is.  I really have never been so happy in my entire life. And sometimes I have wondered why?  Having fleas in your bed 90% of the time and being chased by dogs all day may not sound ideal.  I am missing birthdays, babys being born, friends being married, being with my family.  My feet are burned black from the sun and lets me honest eating rice twice a day isnt doing me any favors. BUT IM SO HAPPY!  Why? Because I am learning to love my Savior, and in turn learning to love others.  And that just brings happiness. Its simple people.... it truly is. 

I love you all VERY VERY much.  Thank you all for everything! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep on Keeping on. 
Con Amor,
Hermana Hansen
ALSO Happy Birthday shout out to KATIE!!

                                                 SAYING GOOD BYE TO MY DEAR HERMANA FRAME




                                                        MEET MY HIJA!!   HERMANA BAYONA!

RAINING RAINING AND RAINING



HERMANA MORRIS AND OUR DAUGHTERS


                                                 OUR 1ST NIGHT CONTACTING IN THE PLAZA DE ARMAS


I HELPED KILL A GUINE PIG...I'M GETTING SO USED TO PERU IT'S RIDICULOUS....





No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS