Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

APRIL 4 2016 IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

April 4 2016

Hey Everyone!
Well its truly the most wonderful time of the year! General Conference!! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. 

Ok, heres amy week in a wrap.  Tuesday.  We found two new amazing less active members. One of them Mila, just simply wants to put her life back together. And she knows the only way  she can do it, is coming back to church.  In our first lesson, she asked where she could buy a
 book of mormon, hymn book, and get the liahona.  So awesome to meet someone so ready and willing to change. 

Wednesday, we traveled to Urcos.  With these last changes, and the taking out of the missionaries, Urcos (about 45 min outside of Cusco) is now in our sector.  We went to talk with the leaders about a plan to continue the work there.  The attendance used to be about 40, and has recently dropped down to 15.  I think between and the Elders and us, we will try to visit them twice a week.  The people there are so humble and wonderful. Im really excited to start working over there as well. 

Friday I lost my agenda. Literally, every missionaries worst nightmare.  And of course Saturday and Sunday....GENERAL CONFERENCE!! Ugh.  It fills my heart with so much joy to listen to the Lords chosen servants. What beautiful messages were given. ALSO!  4 new temples! When they announced the second temple that will be built in Lima, the whole church building errupted with cheers, and gasps. It was kinda beautiful.  I love seeing the work moving foward here in Peru.  The saints here are amazing and strong. What a beautiful time to be living our lives here on the Earth. 
I was really touched by President Monsons message.  He reminded us that, Decisions will Determine our Destiny.  After he said that, I had a flash back moment, to the Twin Falls Idaho Temple Dedication.  There, as a 12 year old little beehive girl, I sat there and listened to President Thomas S. Monson say those same words...Decisions Determine Destiny.  In that moment, I had no idea what my life had in store for me, or what decisions I would make.  But now, years later, I look back and think about all those decisions I made, little or big. But those decisions eventually led me to my mission. My scrawny little 12 year old self had no idea what my future had in store. But wow, I am so so grateful for those decisions I made, that led me to this point. I truly know that those words are true.

ALSO! This week...(Drum Rolll....) I hit 9 months in the mission field! (ooooooh were half waaayy theeerree....)  That doesnt seem right at all. Not one bit.  
I hope you all have a wonderful and fantastic week.  Thank you all again for your support and prayers. They mean more to me then you will every know!  

'You can have what you want, or you can have something better'
          Elder Holland. 

I love you all!
Con Amor,
Hermana Hansen


                                                        WELCOME TO ENGLISH CLASS



                                                  JUST A CUTE LITTLE LLAMA HAT :)


                                         GENERAL CONFERENCE WITH THE HIJITA





LOOK WHO I RAN INTO AT CONFERENCE RIGHT IN CUSCO PERU ???? :)
BOB, LESLIE TREVINO,   AUNIE , AND KATRINA BELL
THAT HUG SURE FELT GREAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS