Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

APRIL 18 2016 YOU PUT ICE CREAM IN SODA??

APRIL 18 2016
Buenos Tardes a Todos!!
Ahhh. Another beautiful, cold, productive week in San Jeronimo.  So I am not usually one to feel the cold here, I mean come on, I'm from Idaho.  When I first got here, everyone looked at my like I was crazy without a sweater or anything. I told them where I'm from its reeeaaallly cold. Anywho, this week we headed up to our pensions house, and I was decked out in my gloves, hat, sweater and all.  The husband of our pension says, Hey! I thought you said you were from Idaho! 
.........yup. I'm mas peruvian then Idahoan. Never thought I would see the day. 

This week, we met with a new investigator, Dionisio.  We contacted him a while back, and he told us that he had alot of questions for us, and wanted to see if we had answers. When we first started in on the lesson he just went full out asking us questions left and right, more then anything just trying to cause contention with us.  We were praying so hard during that lesson, just to soften his heart a little, so that he would listen to us. Finally he calmed down and gave us the chance to share a little.  By the end we were laughing and having a good ol time.  He didn't want to have us come back to talk to him about the gospel, but said we could come back anytime to chat.  I remember the last thing my grandpa said to me before I left for the mission, he said, Not everyone is going to want to listen to you, but you can be everyones friend.   I thought of that as we left that cita.  Sure, in the end he didn't want to listen to us, or accept our message. But we left being friends. And sometimes that's just enough. 

This week we recieved two really awesome referencias. One of them is Luis.  One of our citas had just fallen through and we were looking through our agenda of who to visit next, when one of the members called us.  He said that a man had just passed by the church asking to see the missionaries. (Fun Fact.  A good portion of the people here believe that the mormon missionaries live in the church) Anywho, he left his adress and number and asked that the missionaries visit him. With a cita fallen through, we decided to go look for him.  We were looking around for his house when we hear, Hermanas! A very large peruvian man with a very large mustache came running up to us.  He introduced himself and  explained to us that he has been less active all his life.  He now has two teenage kids, and wants them to recieve the lessons and be baptized.  He told us what an impact going to church as a youth had made on him, and that he wanted the same for his kids.  I am still amazed every day by how our Heavenly Father works. Its amazing.
Another fun fact. Rootbeer floats do not exsist here. In fact the very idea of mixing soda and ice cream just freaks them out.  We made Coca Cola floats this week, and lets just say I had myself a real good laugh.  I love Peru. 

Hebrews 11:40 JST    God having provided some better things for them through their sufferings for without sufferings they could not be made perfect. 

Remember, our trials, if we let them, can purify us and put us on the path to become more like our Savior. CHOOSE to become like the Savior, because the other option is to just suffer. And that doesnt seem like a good deal to me. 

I really truly truly love you all. Gracias por TODO!! Sending love from Cusco.
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen


                                                               AFTER 15 MINUTES OF RAIN





                                                         I LOVE MY GIRLS SO MUCH




                                                             HERMANO PROFIRIO AND ANGIE



ANGIE AND I LIKE TO PLAY DRESS UP



HAPPY BIRTHDAY DINA!! ITS ALSO NOT A PERUVIAN BIRTHDAY WITHOUT A CAKE IN YOUR FACE!




3 GENERATIONS!  ABUELA, MAMA, Y HIJIA




SAYING GOODBYE TO MAMA---HERMANA COOPER




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS