Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

ANNNNDDDD--THAT'S A WRAP...2015!! JANUARY 4 2016

January 4 2016

HOLA TO ALL MY FAVORITE PEOPLE!

Um. So yeah...I guess 2015 happened? Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it has come and gone.  BUT! I am SO stoked for 2016. New people, new places, new memories, new lessons to learn, and a whole year dedicated to serving my Savior. I cant picture a better year then that. I really cant.  New Years was INSANE! I thought the Christmas fireworks were out of this world...psh. New Years stepped it up a notch or 6.  They really know how to do fireworks down here in Peru. Also, for New Years, its tradition to sell yellow underwear.  So yeah this week on every street corner there were people selling yellow underwear. I asked people why, and they didnt know why either. Well, works for me. ¡Viva Peru!  

Also, I hit 6 months in the mission this week, which also I am refusing to accept.  So in honor of that, here are just 6 of the MANY wonderful things I have learned in my time here. 
 
1. Being grateful if the key to being happy. Seriously though have you ever been grateful for something and unhappy at the same time? Not possible. #AttitudeofGratitude.

2. When eating something, and it may or may not be a little sketchy...its best not to look at it.  Actually its just best to never really look at what you are eating. Ignorance is bliss. And frankly the only way you can get some stuff down. 

3. Being obedient is how we show our love.  Our Heavenly Father has literally given us everything.  And all he asks is to follow the example of our Savior and be obedient.  

4.  Small Peruvian dogs, and small Peruvian abuelitas have one thing in common. They are both cute and seem harmless.  But Ill just say, NEVER underestimate either one of them.  #fiesty.  

5.  The Book of Mormon heals, protects, and helps us become who we need to become in this life. Never have I loved something so deeply. 

6.  The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you. These past 6 months have been ones of learning and growing.  But we must never feel that we are alone in what we are asked to do. Because simply put, we never are. 

So 2015, thats a wrap!  This week we had divisions with the Hermana Leaders.  I stayed in San Jeronimo with Hermana Robinson.  I loooove that we have the opportunity to learn from other missionaries.  Also our little familia CasaPerez are just amazing in all aspects.  They have the goal to go to the temple in Feburary for the first time in 10 years, and their daughter Elvia will be baptized in 2 weeks.  The amount of faith they have is unreal. I just love what I do everyday.  

Sorry this email is a little short this week but not too much time. Just want you all to know that I love you all! And as always thank you SO much for the love, prayers, and animo.  I couldnt do it without it!  I hope everyone had a very beautiful New Year with lots of new goals! Make it an amazing week!
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen


PRACTICING MY BRAIDING.  SHE'S A GOOD SPORT.




                                              NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY
                                       (THERE'S THAT YELLOW AGAIN)

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM CUSCO!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS