Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

MAY 16 2016 THROUGH HEAVENLY FATHER'S EYES



MAY 16 2016


Phew what a week. It was a longer week for sure, but jammed pack full of good stuff!  This Tuesday we had divisions again with Hermana Wattles and Hermana Minaya.  So awesome!  Part of their sector reminded me alot of Abancay.  It was a little bit higher up, with more fields and open spaces.  We also took a cambi to get up there, which I havent done since I left Abancay!  It was a good throwback moment for me.  In one of our lessons, we were teaching a little family about the Plan of Salvation.  Hermana Wattles had just got done explaining that in heaven we didnt have bodies like we do now. One of the little boys said, ¨Ohhhh yeah! So we just had heads in heaven!   Haha I love teaching kids so much.  Also we were teaching a less active and she gave us corn bread....real corn bread. We went home and popped that in the microwave, and made us some honeybutter.  I wanted to cry. Its the little things everyone.
Wednesday we had just got done teaching a family, when Wendy one of our investigators calls us and asks if we can meet up with her to talk to her,  We were in the outskirts of our sector, and we knew it would take us awhile to get back into town. Also in this part of our sector, there is only one bus that comes by, and not very often.  We knew it was important that we talked to Wendy that night, so we said a little prayer, asking Heavenly Father to provide us a way to get back into town in time to talk to her.  Within seconds of ending our prayer, we see a taxi approaching.  In that part of Cusco, and at that time of night, there are never taxis. We were able to teach Wendy that night.  Its little tiny miracles like that, that make me SO incredibly happy to be doing what I am doing right now.  Miracles do exsist. I see them everyday. 
Saturday we did divisions, and I went to Urcos.  I love going to Urcos!  The people are so darling and they all still wear their super authentic skirts and hats. We were able to find some less active families and talk to them for the first time in years. We were also able to find a new family of investigators, simply by being in the right place at the right time.  The Lord was truly guiding us that day. 
Friday we had a ward talent show! Ah I love this ward so much.  Everyone danced, and sang and did skits.  Maybe its the dancer in me, but I absolutely adore all the Peruvian dances.   The Elders and us did a few skits as well.  Good times had by all. 
This morning, Papito (the husband of our pension)  said he knew how to take care of my ingrown toenail.  I will spare you all the details of the event.  But yes that is a knife in his mouth in the picture below.  Like I have said, every Peruano is their own doctor.  Scares me a little bit but hey, it seems like they know what they are doing.
I was reading a talk this week about seeing others through Gods eyes. 
   Something wonderful happens in a missionarys service when he or she realizes that the calling is not about him or her, rather, it is about the Lord, His work, and Heavenly Fathers children   -Dale G. Renlund

That is so so so key. Not just in missionary work. But in everything.  Something truly amazing does happen when we see others for who they truly are.  Sons and daughters of our loving Heavenly Father.  
Welp, heres to another great week in the life of a missionary in Cusco! Thank you for everything! Have a fabulous week everyone!
Con MUCHO Amor, 
Hermana Hansen

                                           Sooooo..it was 3 against 1 (me) to have my pension take care of my
                                            ingrown toe .   All Peruvians think they are doctors ! :)  Usually they really
                                            do know quite a bit...hopefully they do this time!!!!!  YIKES
       





PAPITO IS TAKING ON THE INGROWN TOE NAIL...


YES THATS A KNIFE IN HIS MOUTH..




HERMANN BAYON AND ME!!  LOVE HER!


                          

       


  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ..MANA Y HIJITA

  






WE DID DIVISIONS WITH SOME OF THE GIRLS IN OUR WARD.  SO STINKING CUTE AND SO FUN!!!  I FEEL LIKE THIS PICTURE OVER EXAGGERATES MY HEIGHT.....ACTUALLY NO... STORY OF MY LIFE.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS