Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2016

OCTOBER 10 2016 LIFE ON THE ROAD



OCTOBER 10 2016

Sending warm thoughts to all from my cold rainy Cusco today!  This week, we kinda just bummed it around from house to house, traveling from here to there. We had divisiones with Andahuaylas this week.  They are amazing.  And they were very sick with parasites soooo we were busy getting all that figured out.  Just one of those cool things you get for living in Peru :)
This week we started teaching our sweet little Isabel Herrera.  She was a reference from a member, and has come to church a few times, and even came to General Conference!  She said she loved it!  She has such a pure heart.  She's the mother of 7, and honestly just an incredible woman.  She only speaks a little bit of spanish, mostly quechua. So we have to get really creative when we teach without a translator.  Its more like acting out the lesson...and sometimes that gets pretty entertaing hahaha but hey. Its what you have to do.  She doesnt know how to read, so we have been teaching her, and in return, she teaches us stuff like how to kill guine pigs, how to make yarn, and how to speak quechua.  Just all the typical stuff ill need to know when I get back home.  
Today, we traveld to Cusco for Consejo de Lideres this week!  I am excited to hear what President has to teach us. I love learning so much from our leaders and from other missionaries.
Well, sorry not too much to report to you all this week!  Just another week on the road!
This week I was able to reread a talk that has made a major impact on my mission.  
"Love is the defining characteristic of a disciple of Christ."  
I have seen such a diference in my mission as I have tried day after day to work, with the love for my Heavenly Father, as my motivation.  There is such a difference when we do something because we have to do it, and when we do something out of love.  That is when we are converted.  That is when we are changed by what we are do.  And that is when we are changed to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ. 
Have the best week ever! Tupananchiskama!
Con Amor, 
Hermana Hansen 









  WE CELEBRATED THAT I GOT ONE MORE CHANGE IN ABANCACITO!!!  SO BLESSED!




MY COMPANION IS TOO DARLING!  CELEBRATING (IN MY CASE ...MOURNING) 15 MONTHS...





I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I FOUND A TON OF BIRDS THIS WEEK....








                                                                      EMILY AND FAMILY





                                                            WALKING IN THE COUNTRY ...




PERUVIAN ART






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS